- Will API® AQUA ESSENTIAL™ affect my aquarium’s protein skimmers?
AQUA ESSENTIAL will not disrupt any type of protein skimmer.
- Is there a possibility to overdose AQUA ESSENTIAL in my aquarium?
When dosing AQUA ESSENTIAL we advise following the directions, but the product formulation does allow for a margin in the event a tank is accidentally dosed with slightly higher amount than specified.
- Is it safe to use AQUA ESSENTIAL in my aquarium with other aquatic animals like snails or shrimp?
Yes, it is safe to use AQUA ESSENTIAL with other aquatic animals.
- Can I use AQUA ESSENTIAL with other API® products?
AQUA ESSENTIAL can be used in conjunction with any other API water conditioner or medication.
- Does AQUA ESSENTIAL affect the pH in my aquarium?
When AQUA ESSENTIAL is dosed according to the label the pH will not be affected.
- Can I double the dose for AQUA ESSENTIAL if I have high levels of chloramines?
AQUA ESSENTIAL is designed to treat chloramines without the need to use a double dose. For those customers who automatically double dose there is not a problem using AQUA ESSENTIAL for this, but it is not necessary.
- How often should I wait between doses of AQUA ESSENTIAL?
Once a dose is provided to the aquarium, it is recommended to wait for 24 to 48 hours between doses.
- How long will AQUA ESSENTIAL bind ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate for?
Once AQUA ESSENTIAL is dosed it will bind the ammonia, nitrite and nitrate for up to 48 hours or longer. Testing is the best way to judge if additional dosing is necessary. In water conditions with highly elevated levels, overstocked with fish, or extremely overfed we always recommend a partial water change after 24 hours to aid the fish in the best water quality. Also, any ammonia or nitrite that is bound by AQUA ESSENTIAL is metabolically available for beneficial bacteria to process. So your biological filters will be able to function when using AQUA ESSENTIAL.
- How much ammonia will be removed per dose of AQUA ESSENTIAL?
When treating for ammonia, with a 5 ml/10 gal. dose of AQUA ESSENTIAL, you should expect a 20-40 ppm reduction in ammonia.
- How much nitrite will be removed per dose of AQUA ESSENTIAL?
When treating for nitrite, a 5 mL/10 gal. dose of AQUA ESSENTIAL, you should expect a 15-30 ppm reduction in nitrite.
- How much nitrate will be removed per dose of AQUA ESSENTIAL?
When treating for nitrate, a 5 mL/10 gal. dose of AQUA ESSENTIAL, you should expect a large reduction of nitrate, ~ 40-60 ppm reduction in nitrate